Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Projects for May by Lydia Guijt

Hello Paper and Blue Fern Studios friends! 

This month our new collection Happy Accident is a big favorite of mine. Love the designs and wonderful colors. To top it all off Blue Ferns Studios also created a Printed Chipboard sheet to compliment the papers. What's not to love. 
Let's check out my first layout!

Beauty in Chaos 


To show of these wonderful new Happy Accident Chipboard Pieces I created this layout. Whenever I create you should see my table. Yes you guessed it. Chaos. So I found this particular title perfect to make a layout with .


I started with the Halftone and London Chronicle stamps to create some interest on the Fate background page. Because the page already has circles on there I decided to keep up with that theme. 


The Circle Group Pieces I embossed with Ebony and the Mini Ring Things with the gorgeous new Plum color. Perfect fit with this new collection. Now it's time to create my layers and started stacking. Having all the interesting parts pop out. The beautiful light green Late Winter Lily matched perfectly. To fine tune the look I added some thread, lace, I die-cut some leaves and some sparkle with the new Pea Soup glitter, some mists, beads and bling. 
I hope you like it! 


Paper
Happy Accident : Fate
Chipboard
Circle Group
Mini Ring Things
Happy Accident : Printed Chipboard
BFS Embossing
Plum
Ebony
Glitter
Pea Soup
Stamps
London Chronicle
Halftone
Flowers 
Late Winter Lilies

Free Spirit


For my second layout I'm using an older collection, Paisley & Vine. Beautiful papers with gorgeous contrasting colors, details and even some abstract patterns. 
When we visited Las Vegas I took photos of this statue that I wanted to use. The Metal trees surrounding it in the red is what made the decision to use this collection the winner.


I layered the SplendorPassion and Pathway papers so the red just shows a thin outline. 
With the Tattered News Print stamp I stamped randomly around the page. Now with one of my stencils I added some texture with paste.
The Bits of Honeycomb were embossed with Icicle, the Graduated Circle, leftover part from the Swirly Circle and Chesterville Doodle embossed with Speckled Mint with some Peacock Glitter sprinkled over it too. The leaves I've used on the layout are cut out Blooms & Stems stamp prints embossed with Fern.


Now that we have all the building blocks for our layout prepared we can put it together. For some layering under the photo I cut up pieces from the Playing Cards sheet. Using one of the cards as the title. Layering the chipboard pieces and placing the flowers including the Late Winter Lilies to finish of the layout. 


Paper
Paisley & Vine: Pathway, Playing Cards, Splendor 
Chipboard
Graduated Circles
Swirly Circle
Chesterville Doodle
Bits of Honeycomb
BFS Embossing Powder 
Oatmeal
Icicle
Peacock
Speckled Mint
Fern
Stamps
Tattered News Print
Blooms & Stems Stamp
Flowers 
Late Winter Lilies


These are my layouts for you this month!

Next month I hope to show you some fun layouts from my visit to Disney World.

Thank you so much for having a look!


Hugs, Lydia

2 comments:

  1. Lydia, what beauty you have created here! Lovin' your 3-D work; all the delicate layers are stunning. BTW....you and I must be sisters in Chaos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely compliment! The chaos part is indeed a big part of my work ;).

      Delete