Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year with Jelissa

Hello Blue Fern fans!

Boy, has time flown. It has been 3 amazing years on the Blue Fern Studios DT and looking back, I'm really thankful for the opportunity to create with these amazing products. I'm so deeply grateful for Leslie's generosity and also being able to work with such a talented team of ladies. Today will be my last post for Blue Fern Studios, and I will be featuring the Vintage Christmas 2 collection.


We don't have a habit of taking traditional Christmasy sort of photos so I've always used more generic ones when scrapping for the season. This is a winter scene that I found so lovely and matched the colors of the collection quite nicely as well. I deliberately used the paper "Let It Snow" because both the theme and colors were so suited for each other.

Some details in the close-ups:


My title - Wonder word. I had used a few layers of Imagine Ink EPs here - Snow, Icicle and Sea Mist together with Blue Diamond glitter. 


Some of the Christmas Blooms that I have used as embellishment. 


The Stars and Berries Frame which I had altered with Mushroom and Oatmeal EP. The Large Flake chipboard which I had also covered with Frozen EP (it really reminded me of Elsa's beautiful blue gown!) and Blue Diamond glitter.

Blue Fern Studios products used:

paper: Vintage Christmas 2 - Let It Snow, T'was the Night
embossing powder: Frozen, Oatmeal, Mushroom, Icicle, Sea Mist
glitter: Blue Diamond
chipboard: Large Flake, Wish; Wonder; Dream, Star and Berries Frame



My second share is a video tutorial, and features much more of the festive and bright colors in the collection.


In my background, I have created a wreath with modeling paste and paints to complement the colors of the papers. Plus the fussy-cut elements here and there and the chipboards in the layers, it makes for quite a rich look without having to use additional embellishments.

some details in the close-ups:


Little doilies with Christmas emblems that I cut out from the "Tree Trimmings" paper. Tucked beneath are the Tree Toys chipboards which I had altered with Magenta and Grassy Knoll EPs and Phoenix and Summer Leaves glitter.


Part of the Stars and Berries Frame which I had altered with Oatmeal EP and snipped off for a slightly rustic touch. Hiding in my paper layers is a fussy-cut design from "Jolly".


Lastly, my title "Colorful Candles Burning Bright" which I had altered with Ruby, Ginger and Coral EPs and sprinkled with Autumn glitter.

Here is the video of how I put together this page:




Blue Fern Studios products used:

paper: Vintage Christmas 2 - Holida Treats, Greeting Cards, Jolly, Tree Trimmings
embossing powder: Oatmeal, Grassy Knoll, Magenta, Ruby, Ginger, Coral
glitter: Phoenix, Summer Leaves, Autumn
chipboard: Star and Berries Frame, Tree Toys, Colorful Candles Burning Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment