Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Different Ideas by Keren Tamir


Hi Blue Fern Studio Fans.

 I have a fun and diverse post for you today. 
This month, I've created three different kinds of projects all very different from each other yet original on their own.
The first one is a layout. I know its just a layout, not so original lol, but continue scrolling down I made two more projects that you might think are more unique.

"Timeless Me"


The picture above is a picture of me when I was a kid. I think I'm probably 4 years old here. I created this layout using the green toned papers from the Blue Fern Garden collection.


I used the inside part of the Helen's Doily. It was a leftover piece from a previous layout. I also used one of the Jeweled Page baubles. Both these pieces were covered in green chalk edger ink and then stamped and edged in brown ink.


 The title Me from the Valentine word set was simply coloured in brown ink,


<<<<<<>>>>>>>

"Love & Thanks Journal"

My second project today is a journal that I created for a friend. I only altered the cover and left the inside blank for her to fill in.


The background was altered using crackle paint, ink and stamping. Once dry, I added a few of the Blue Fern Studio chipboard pieces on top.
I used the Shabby Brick bits, Two of the Veranda Cages, one little bird and the "&" sign from the Valentine Word set.



<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>


"Bookmarks"

For my third and final project for March I thought of a great idea on how to use some of the new Blue Fern Studio dangles to create bookmarks. I just thought they were the perfect size to fit inside a book and still have the bottom dangle through the pages.

I believe this would be a perfect gift for a friend's birthday or a teacher's end of the year gift.

I created a step by step  tutorial on how I made these bookmarks:

Step 1: Prime both dangles with Gesso on both sides. Let each side dry before applying it on the other side.


Step 2: Cover the chipboard with crackle paint. I only covered the top side. Let it dry overnight.


Step 3: Cover one of the dangles in brown and yellow chalk ink and the other with green and yellow ink. Do this on both sides. (of course you may choose any colours you like)


Step 4: Seal both sides of the chipboard using Glossy Accents, Diamond glaze or equivalent transparent gel. Let one side dry first before applying it on the other side.


Step 5: Punch a hole through the chipboard at the top of a dangle if it doesn't have one. Then insert a tassel and a fancy brad for decoration.




well I hope you enjoyed my fun and diverse post today!!
Enjoy the rest of March!!!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Keren

3 comments:

  1. These projects are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects Keren! I LOVE the dangle bookmarks! Genius! I will definitely try this idea.... What a simple thoughtful gift...just love it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects dear Keren
    xoxo
    Leila

    ReplyDelete